Thursday, December 2, 2010

Having God write your love story

At first I did not know what that meant.  Not until I bought the book, When God writes your love story, it's by Eric and Leslie Ludy.  It's how they met and how God wrote their love story.  Everybody has a different story to tell how they met their guy or girl. 
I had tried dating a couple of times and failed miserably at it, when I started reading this book and prayed that God would write my love story.  Little did I know that all I had to do was get on eharmony and start asking Billy questions.  He was really persistent in answering me back.  Before I knew it we were planning on meeting that Sunday (Dec. 30, 2007). 
When I first met him, all I could do was smile.  I was hoping that would break the ice and help me to be able to talk to him.  We went to lunch and then went bowling after.  I had a couple of friends who went with us and then later that night, he called me and we both said that we had a good time and wanted to go out again.  I asked him to go with me to a new years eve party and he came and then he came down that Friday night for my boss's 50th birthday surprise party.  Then we were on our own.  Saturday night he took me to cloak n dagger in columbus.  It was a dinner theatre place.  That was when we both knew that the other was the one.  He surprised me that night and got me flowers.  None of the other guys that I dated did that.  See, Billy made me feel special and he still does since we are now married.  He tells me often that I look pretty in whatever I am wearing.  I could be wearing jeans and a tshirt and he would still tell me that I look good. 
He compliments my cooking and lets me know that it turned out ok or it didn't .  I simply believe that my husband can do anything as long as he tries first.  I had a saying that I taught the kids that I worked with "Can't couldn't do anything because can't didn't try."  That was all that I asked the kids to do was at least make an attempt to do it, if they still couldn't get it then I would help them.  Somethings I can't help Billy with and somethings he can't help me with.  Those are reserved for God himself.  That is what I love about my husband.  He and I can talk about things and I know that he would never use big words that I could not understand. 
Billy and I were engaged on May 30th, 2008.  We decided that we would wait until 2009 to get married.  We got married May 16th.  I will never forget that day.  That was my special day and I wanted to be a princess.  The tiara I wore came from a friend that I was having bible study with.  She had gotten us all tiaras and they were to remind us that we were princesses.  That day, I was Cinderella, the only difference was I was not going to change into raggedity clothes and clean.  We had decided that we were only going to be gone four days.  We went to kings Island for our honeymoon.  Left Saturday and came back on Tuesday.  We had a good time.  Monday we went and played putt putt, since we had gone to the amusement park on Sunday.  I will never forget looking at Billy standing at the altar with Pastor John and smiling at him as I was coming down the aisle :)
Thank you for reading and for allowing me to share my story with you.  God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment