In every fairy tale, you have a beginning, a middle and an end. Your love life is no different. The beginning before the two of you met, the middle is dating the other person and the end is life after marriage. So, for my fairy tale, we will look at the beginning. Most of you know my story, so I won't bore you with that again. There are things that you may not know, for instance, I was born with a dislocated hip. That simply means that I did not have a bone in my hip joint. Somehow, I ended up with an extra bone somewhere and they stuck it in the hip joint. Some of you may or may not know that I am an only child. I may have had mom and dad's attention but all I really wanted was their time. They were always too busy to spend time with me or include me in things, for fear that I would ruin their plans.
As I got older, my mom realized that time was slipping away and I would be on my own sooner than what she thought. So she gave me what I wanted and that was her time. We grew close as I got older. My mom was my best friend, someone I could go to when I had a problem. Now that I am married, I don't talk to her about personal things anymore, I go to God and I go to my husband.
We have a tradition during the holidays that we like to do and that is to go and look at Christmas decorations. This year, I am taking pictures of those decorations so that we can remember the fun of getting out in the cold and driving around different towns and seeing all the beautiful houses that are all lit up. We stop at McDonald's or the truck stop and get two hot cocoas and then we take off. We usually don't go very far, just far enough to see some decorations and then come home. But this is what makes Christmas special and that is all the memories that we have and all the fun we had while making those memories.
Thanks for reading and be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment